MISCELLANEOUS COSTS & CUSTOM SERVICE CHARGES
1. Editing @ €10 Euro per 1,000 words (substantive and line editing combined)
Checking the overall ‘flow’ and structure of your manuscript, including syntax, grammar and general composition, and making necessary corrections. We highly recommend you employ a professional to edit your work before sending it to us - as this is the major cause of delays, disappointments and even rejections of otherwise promising manuscripts. We reserve the right to decline editing work, or to sub-contract to outside agencies if we are unable to offer this service.
2. Proofreading @ €4 Euro per page
This is an intensive search of the final book text that uncovers any punctuation, spelling, or formatting errors.
3. First Sample Digital Proof – FREE!
Sent as an email attachment, this is your opportunity to review a sample of our design work on the interior of your book, and advise as to any changes you would like to see in the finished work.
4. First Digital Proof Revision on Cover and Interior – FREE!
We will do the first proof revision for free provided there are no more than ten minor corrections that differ from the original manuscript or cover design. If you request more changes, alterations or corrections, there is a charge of €3.00 per minor change (e.g. words or lines of text), and up to €40.00 per major change (replacing whole chapters, renumbering, changing Table of Contents, replacing cover artwork etc).
5. Paperback Proofs Delivered to Your Nominated Address @ €50 Euro (includes postage and packing)
6. Hardback Proofs Delivered to Your Nominated Address @ €70 Euro (includes postage and packing)
7. Subsequent Proof Revisions
As per 4 above, but with no allowance for the ten free revisions. Plus a €10 Euro administration fee per extra digital proof requested by you.
8. Ingrams Advance Catalogue placement @ €70 Euro
This industry catalogue is sent out monthly to wholesalers and retailers detailing the publication of new books, and is recommended for those who seek maximum exposure for their work.
All custom services should be discussed with the editor.
No extra work will be undertaken without your express consent in writing.